Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bollywood News: Kareena Kappor: 'Saif was born to act in Agent Vinod'


Mumbai, Nov. 20 - Over the last couple of years, Kareena Kapoor has been part of some of the biggest box office hits including 3 Idiots (2009) and Bodyguard (2011). And now, she is hoping that boyfriend Saif Ali Khan's action extravaganza, Agent Vinod, will join the list. The film releases early next year.

"I have complete faith in the film, Saif and its director Sriram Raghavan. If you ask me, I believe that Saif was born to do the role (of a spy in Agent Vinod). Now, let's hope for the best. I am keeping my fingers crossed," says Kareena, whose next lot of films also includes Madhur Bhandarkar's controversial Heroine.

Ask Kareena about being a part of big hits and she immediately says: "It's definitely overwhelming. And it's actually four big hits including Golmaal 3," says the actor with a smile. "But I want to keep pushing the envelope and aim to continue doing some great work."

Although Kareena has been a part of back-to-back biggies, she refuses to get into competition mode with other female stars. "I only see the camera. I have always been content in my own space and the only competition I have is with my own performances. I aim to outdo myself with every film. Others can worry about being on top," she says.

Interestingly, before the Kapoor girl proved her merit, the industry considered only Hema Malini in the hit league, when she delivered back-to-back successes in the 1970s like Sholay, Dus Numbri, Haath Ki Safai, Dream Girl and Sanyasi. But what Kareena is most excited about is the diverse roles she's given by filmmakers, and the audience's acceptance.

"I consider myself lucky that 3 idiots is the biggestever grosser. Bodyguard had the year's biggest opening while Golmaal is one of the most popular franchises. So both the diversity and acceptance are very satisfying," says the actor. In the meantime, she's working hard on her role in Heroine, which experienced a major setback when lead star Aishwarya Rai Bachchan quit after announcing her pregnancy.

Ask Madhur whether he's glad to finally have his lead star in place and he says, "We had discussed a lot of films, but nothing materialised. But I am sure Heroine will be a landmark in Kareena's career."
By Hindustan Times

No comments:

Post a Comment